If you enjoy books, computers, and people, you'll like working at the library as a volunteer. We have tons of opportunities for folks who range in age from 13 to 80-something.
iTeens and Technology
Westbank Library is looking for teens with a great grasp of current technology & who have the valuable talent of being able to explain those technologies to others. We have a recurring program for adults who would like to learn about cutting edge technology, and we need you to teach them!
If you think you're up for the challenge, send us an email. This email will not commit you to anything. If you do end up committing to being an iTeen at Westbank, you'll be in a great position to start racking up service hours.
Get involved in your community by becoming a Friend of the Westbank Libraries
Join our Friend's of the Westbank Library Group! The Friend's support the mission of the library through program support, hospitality, fundraising, scholarships to local High School Seniors, running our chess club, hosting the Halloween Howl and Veteran's day Celebration. Sign up to become a member, volunteer or run for an Office on the Board!
Graduate Student in Library and Information Studies can gain valuable library experience
Are you a Library and Information Science student looking to get more experience in the public library? Please contact Rhonda Kuiper to discuss what you can do to help the library, while gaining fantastic experience!
Adults and teens in the community can meet new friends or earn community service hours for high school graduation by working three hour weekly shifts at the library
Opportunities at the Library include:
- Serving as a volunteer at the Circulation Desk- physically demanding but so rewarding!
- Straightening and shelving books- we have 250,000 visitors a year, you can imagine the organization challenge
- Garden or Building maintenance- are you a handy ma'am or man?
- Sorting and pricing books in the Gently Used Booksale Room- come see the treasures!
- Contributing baked goods for events
- Mending and processing books- a very important behind the scenes job
- Data Entry- tailor made for the detail-oriented!
Call the library, download an application for adult volunteers or teen volunteers, or e-mail Library Staff. Volunteer Coordinator Flo Macklin will get in touch with you.