Loan Period and Returning Items
Request Items not in the Library's Collection
Who can be a Westbank Community Library District member and how much does it cost?
- Family Membership: For households living within the Eanes School District, the library membership is free.
- Households living outside the Eanes School District may buy a Family Membership for an annual fee of $100, or a Lifetime Membership for a one-time fee of $1000.
- To supplement your home library privileges, we offer a Neighbor Card for $35 that allows for neighbors to check out six items at a time, including two DVDs.
- If you live in Texas you can enjoy the benefits of a TexShare Card that allows you to check out one item at a time with proof of Texas residency.
- Note: The Westbank Library and Laura's Library are not part of the Austin Public Library System.
- Please bring proof of residency to the circulation desk at either location. The staff will assist you in filling out the simple registration form. You can use your card on the same visit!
- Yes, you will need to speak with the circulation staff
- For Family/Lifetime Members, there is a limit of fifty items checked out per family card. Of the fifty items, eight can be DVDs.
- For Neighbor Members, there is a limit of six items checked out per family card. Of those six items, two can be DVDs.
- Bluebonnet and Lone Star books are limited to three each per family card.
- There is a limit of five items checked out from Overdrive, our digital library service.
- Books, Audio Books and Magazines are checked out for two weeks.
- Movies and Children's DVDs are checked out for one week.
- eBooks and eAudioBooks available from Overdrive are checked out for two weeks.
- Late fines are 20 cents per day, per item.
- The maximum fine on any overdue item is $3.
- Books and magazines may be renewed twice if they have not been reserved by another library member.
- DVDs, Bluebonnet and Lone Star books cannot be renewed.
- To renew an item from home, log in to your library account and select My Account. Next, click 'Items Out, Renew' and select 'Renew' for the items you wish to keep for two more weeks.
- Yes, items can be returned to either the Westbank Library or Laura's Library.
- You are responsible for paying the cost of the item at the time the library purchased it. If you locate the item within six months of the date it was paid for and the item is in good condition, the replacement cost will be refunded to you.
- Yes, we have book drops at both library locations.
- Yes, log in to your library account and select the item you want to reserve. In the window that opens, select 'Reserve Title', select a pick up location and how you want to be notified when the item is available and then click 'Place Reserve'.
- The library will notify you with a phone call, text message, or email letting you know that the item is available for pick-up.
- Items are held for two days. So if you’re notified on Monday, you have the rest of Monday, all day Tuesday, and Wednesday to pick up the item. We remove the reserved item at close of business on Wednesday.
- To prevent missing reserve items while you are out of town, place a Reserve Deferral on your account. To do this, Log In to your account and select 'My Account'. Next, click 'Reserves' and select the 'defer' link. On the calendar, click on each calendar day you will be out of town.
- For Family/Lifetime Memberships, there is a limit of ten reserved items, with no more than five of those items being DVDs.
- For Neighbor Memberships, there is a limit of two reserved items, with no more that two of those items being DVDs.
- Yes, please visit our Ebook information page.
- If you need an item the Westbank Community Library District doesn't have, visit the Reference Desk or log in to your account online and request it where you see 'Is the library missing something'. We will either borrow the item from another library, purchase the item for our collection or let you know that we can't get the item.
- Getting items from other libraries can take up to 30 days.
- Getting items from other libraries is usually a free but occasionally a library will charge for this service. We will let you know if this is the case before the request is confirmed.
- Yes, TexShare members can check out one item for free!
- Yes, we accept book donations. Bring your gently used books to the Westbank Library location and place them on the donation cart in the foyer.
- We do not take donations of magazines.
Art at Laura's Library
The Westbank Community Library District is pleased to be able to offer display space for art in the Commons at Laura’s Library.
Laura's Library Provides:
- almost 8000 visitors a month
- a free, well-lit space
- a security system
- a professional wall-mounted hanging system
- exhibition length up to 8 weeks
- the opportunity to host a reception (kitchen available)
- publicity in the library newsletters, on the website, and in the local newspaper
Art is selected for exhibit by the Art Committee, with a preference given to local artists. Art will be chosen on as inclusive a basis as possible with the understanding that the Library is open to people of all ages at all times. All art must be wall-hanging. Artist responsibilities are outlined in the art guidelines. If you are interested in exhibiting or in joining the Art Committee, please contact Autumn Solomon, Branch Manager.