Daytime Book Group comes together once a month to discuss books that explore life from many angles - from the author's viewpoint, from the characters' experiences, and from the group members' personal perspectives. The group reads both fiction and non-fiction, and participants engage in lively discussions on the topic. Members usually meet after the book discussion at a nearby restaurant for social talk and visiting.
@ Westbank Library on Sunday, March 3 at 4:00 p.m.
March's selection is The Ask by Sam Lipsyte. After he loses his job as a development officer at a university, family man Milo Burke is given a chance to regain his position, but only if he can reel in a potential donor, one who has requested his involvement and turns out to be his sinister college classmate.
Title selections for the coming months:
- April - Pink Boots and a Machete by Mireya Mayor
- May - The Buddha in the Attic by Julie Otsuka
- June - Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- July - The Accidental Tourist by Anne Tyler
- August - There But For The by Ali Smith
- September - The Transit of Venus by Shirley Hazzard
- October - A Million Heavens by John Brandon
- November - Defending Jacob by William Landay
- December - I Feel Bad About My Neck by Nora Ephronday