Book Talk Book Group, under the delightful leadership of Jane Dunham, meets on the last Tuesday of every month at 1:00pm at Westbank.
The February 26 selection is Remember Ben Clayton by Stephen Harrigan.This is the annual local author selection. Stephen Harrigan is a faculty fellow at the Michener Center for Writers at the University of Texas. In this novel, proud artistice exile Francis "Gil" Gilheany lands a commission by taciturn rancher Lamar Clayton to create a memorial statue of a son killed in World War I. Gil and his daughtersoon realize that Lamar is guarding a secret that parallels a lie Gil fears may cost him his daughter's love.
Reading ahead? The March selection is The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
@ Westbank on Tuesday, February 26 at 1:00 p.m.
Are you wondering what kinds of books this group had read in the past? Here is the list for the last year.
- January, 2013 - The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
- October, 2012 - The Cookbook Collector by Allegra Goodman
- September, 2012 - One True Thing by Anna Quindlen
- August, 2012 - The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
- July, 2012 - The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
- June, 2012 - Pearl Buck in China by Hilary Spurling
- May, 2012 - Salvage the Bones by Jesmyn Ward
- April, 2012 - Tiger’s Wife by Tea Obreht
- March, 2012 - Faith by Jennifer Haigh
- February, 2012 - The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls